George R. Minor Professorship in Surgery
The George R. Minor Professorship in General Thoracic Surgery was created by physicians who trained under Dr. Minor at the University. A skilled pulmonologist, radiologist, and thoracic surgeon, George R. Minor, M.D. (College ’36, Medicine ’40), joined the medical faculty in 1949. The assistant dean of the School of Medicine from 1963 to 1971, he co founded the University’s congenital heart clinic and performed cardiac catheterizations at the University Hospital. He was a visiting professor at the University of Tunis in North Africa and at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospitals in Taipei, Taiwan. Dr. Minor was elected professor emeritus in 1984.
David R. Jones, M.D. 2008-present